Vegetable curry formula with coconut milk, pineapple, and chickpeas (or beans)! This healthy comfort meal is vegetarian, gluten-free, oil-free, simple to form and might be conjointly ready in a very slow cooker!
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple chunks, fresh (250 g)
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas or beans of choice (drained and rinsed)
- 1 medium-sized carrot
- 1 small eggplant (cut into small cubes)
- 1 small zucchini
- 1/2 pepper
- 1/2 big onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups canned coconut milk (regular or light)
- 1 1/2 tbsp curry powder (use less for a less spicy curry)
- 1-2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp turmeric (optional)
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika (optional)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp cornstarch or tapioca flour (to thicken)
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooked rice of choice (I use Basmati or Yasmin rice)
- coriander for serving
- Chop the veggies + onion and put everything in a large pan or pot with a little bit of water or oil and fry on medium heat for about 8-9 minutes. Add the garlic and fry for a further minute. Stir frequently.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas (or beans of choice) and add them to the pan together with the pineapple chunks.
- Add coconut milk, all spices + salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for about 10 minutes or longer (for a thicker curry). You can also add 1 tsp of cornstarch (mix it with some coconut milk before you add it) to make the curry sauce even thicker.
- Serve the curry with cooked rice of choice or potatoes. Garnish with fresh coriander. Enjoy!
- Read the text in the blog post to find out how to prepare the curry in a slow cooker.
- Recipe serves two persons. Nutrition facts are for one serving.
Calories: 414kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 13.3g | Fat: 11.2g | Saturated Fat: 5.2g | Fiber: 19.2g | Sugar: 30gOpen Next Page To See More!