This lean, delicious tilapia is a snap to put together and bake. The fish takes simply minutes to fix and cook dinner. The fillets are served with a delectable green onion, lime, cilantro cream sauce. Serve the fish the sauce and warm cooked rice or baked or roasted potatoes. Add steamed vegetables for a perfect family meal.
A serving of fish, in step with the American Heart Association, is ready the size of a checkbook, or about three. Five oz cooked. They endorse servings of fish every week. As a brought bonus, tilapia isn’t always simplest slight and finances-pleasant, it is low in mercury.
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds tilapia (fillets)
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (finely minced)
- 2 scallions (green onions, thinly sliced)
- 1 cup cream (heavy)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (fresh, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon zest (lime, finely grated)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Steps to Make It
- Heat the oven to 375 F (190 C/Gas 5).
- Line a baking pan with foil; spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Brush the tilapia fillets lightly with butter and arrange in the prepared pan. Sprinkle the fillets lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake the fish for about 20 minutes, or until the tilapia is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat; sauté the garlic and onion for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Simmer for about 3 to 4 minutes to reduce slightly.
- Stir in the fresh chopped cilantro, lime juice, and zest, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for about 1 minute longer.
- Drizzle some of the sauce over each serving of fish.