Spanish and Mexican flavors integrate on this brief fish dish tilapia. Served with steamed rice and sautéed spinach.
- 4 (4-ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups prechopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 ounces pimiento-stuffed green olives, halved (about 20)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
How to Make It
Sprinkle fish evenly with pepper and salt. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes or until browned on one side. Remove fish from pan.
Add onion, oregano, garlic, and bell pepper to pan; sauté 4 minutes. Stir in tomato and remaining ingredients; bring to a simmer.
Arrange fish on top of the tomato mixture, browned sides up. Cover, reduce heat to medium and simmer 3 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.Open Next Page To See More!