Salmon is smothered in a sweet and spicy brown sugar and lime sauce, then baked and sprinkled with clean cilantro in this quick and healthful dinner.
- 1.5-2 pounds salmon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place salmon on baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, brown sugar, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Pour mixture over salmon.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. If desired, turn on the broiler during the last 5 minutes of cooking to caramelize the glaze. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro before serving.