This recipe for sushi rice and hot-smoked salmon salad is simple to make, does not exceed half an hour and under 500 calories – great for lunch or a healthy dinner
- sushi rice 100g
- rice wine vinegar 2 tbsp
- golden caster sugar 2 tbsp
- soy sauce 1 tbsp
- carrot 1 large, shredded
- radishes 8, sliced
- red onion 1/4, sliced
- edamame or beans 50g, blanched and drained
- hot-smoked salmon 150g, flaked into big chunks
- black or white sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Step 1 Wash the sushi rice in water then drain and repeat a couple of times to get rid of some starch. Put in a pan with 300ml water. Bring to the boil then cover and lower the heat. Cook for 12-15 minutes until the water is absorbed. Tip out onto
a plate and cool.
- Step 2 Heat the vinegar, sugar and soy sauce in a small pan until the sugar melts.
- Step 3 Put the carrot, radish, and onion in a bowl with half the vinegar mix. Toss together. Sprinkle the rest over the rice and mix. Arrange the rice on plates with the pickled veg, edamame, and salmon and finish with sesame seeds.