Zesty chili-rubbed salmon meets sparkling orange avocado salsa to make the absolute nice salmon tacos! See notes above for possible ingredient substitutions.
SALMON TACO INGREDIENTS:
- 1 ½ pounds boneless salmon filets
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- small corn or flour tortillas
JUICY CITRUS SALSA INGREDIENTS:
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and diced
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 jalapeño, cored and finely diced
- half of a small red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro, loosely packed
- 1 lime, juiced (plus extras for serving)
- Heat the oven. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or grease with cooking spray; set aside.
- Prepare the salmon. Whisk together the chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and black pepper together in a small bowl until combined. Lightly pat the salmon filets dry with paper towels. Then place them in a single layer on the baking sheet, brush on all sides with oil, and sprinkle evenly with the seasoning mixture. Bake until the internal temperature of the salmon reaches 135-145°F*, about 4-6 minutes per half-inch of thickness (measured by the thickest part of the filet). You can also test for doneness by inserting a fork or knife in the salmon and twisting it a bit; the fish should be opaque and flake easily.
- Make the salsa. While your salmon is cooking, toss together the oranges, avocado, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro and lime juice in a medium bowl until combined.
- Assemble the tacos. Once the salmon is cooked, use a fork to roughly shred it into large pieces. Add the salmon to your tortillas, top with a few spoonfuls of salsa (plus some extra cilantro if you would like)…and enjoy!