Make your very own salmon parcels infused with ginger, soy, and chili and serve with a pak choi salad and rice for a delicious meal at the end of the week
- salmon fillets 2, skins removed
- stem ginger 2 balls, cut into small matchsticks, plus 2 tbsp syrup from the jar
- dark soy sauce 2 tbsp
- red chili 1, sliced
- groundnut oil for frying
- garlic 1 clove, crushed
- pak choi 2-3 heads, sliced
- toasted sesame oil 2 tsp
- cooked basmati rice 250g
- Step 1 Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Put the salmon fillets spaced apart in the middle of a large square of baking paper and put on a roasting tray. Divide the stem ginger between the tops of each fillet and fold up the sides of the parchment ready to seal. Drizzle the ginger syrup and soy sauce over the fillets, sprinkle over the chili and then seal the parcel. Cook for 15 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Step 2 Meanwhile, heat a little oil in a pan. Cook the garlic and the white parts of the pak choi until tender. Add the green pak choi tops and a drizzle of sesame oil, and cook for another 2 minutes. Divide the rice between 2 bowls. Top with the pak choi then sit the salmon on top and add any juices from the tray and another drizzle of sesame oil.