Spicy shrimp tacos with avocado salsa and bitter cream cilantro sauce. These tasty tacos are ready in under 15 minutes and are remarkable healthful and delicious!
- 20 medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder optional
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- a squeeze of lime optional
- 1 tomato seeded and chopped
- 1 avocado peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice from half a lime
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 6 small flour tortillas corn tortillas can also be used
- To cook the shrimp: In a medium bowl whisk together olive oil, garlic, cumin, chili and onion powders, and salt. Add in shrimp and toss to coat completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes or up to 24 hours. Heat a large heavy-duty or cast-iron skillet on high heat for 2 minutes. Add the olive oil and shrimp. Cook shrimp in a skillet over medium-high heat until pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Turn off heat and finish with a squeeze of lime (optional).
- To make the salsa: Combine tomato, avocado, jalapeno, salt, pepper, lime juice, and cilantro in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside. (If not using right away, place a piece of plastic wrap inside the bowl and directly over salsa to prevent discoloration and refrigerate.)
- To assemble: Stir sour-cream with cilantro and lime juice in a small bowl; set aside. Grill tortillas on the stovetop over the flame until lightly charred (this step is optional). Spoon avocado salsa generously over warm tortillas, then top with 3 shrimp and drizzle with sour cream sauce. Serve tacos with lime wedges on the side. Enjoy!!