talk about packing a few warmth: This stew tilapia is fiery-amazing, and we surely find it irresistible. you may regulate the spiciness by way of the usage of a milder pepper (which includes banana pepper or Anaheim chile) or adjusting the amounts and kinds of paprika.
- 3 Hungarian wax chiles
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek (white and light green parts only)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Hungarian sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons Hungarian hot paprika
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 pounds tilapia fillets, cut into (3-inch) pieces
- 1/4 cup dill fronds
How to Make It
Thinly slice chiles; discard stems. Combine 1/2 cup sliced chiles, tomato, and vinegar in a small bowl; set aside.
Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; swirl until butter foams. Add remaining sliced chiles, leek, thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; sauté 3 minutes or until softened. Add tomato paste and sweet and hot paprikas; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, clam juice, stock, and wine. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Add fish; cover and simmer 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Ladle soup into shallow bowls; top with tomato mixture. Sprinkle evenly with dill.Open Next Page To See More!