This chipotle-crowned salmon recipe is a real weeknight winner – it’s quick, smooth and vibrantly spiced. Flaky salmon is paired with curry-spiced cauliflower and chickpeas and drizzled with a zesty yogurt dressing. What’s extra, this fish dish is totally gluten-free. See method
- 4 frozen salmon fillets, from a 550g pack
- 1 tbsp chipotle chili and smoked paprika paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small head of cauliflower, trimmed and broken into florets
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry with kitchen paper
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 350g spinach
- 4 tbsp 0% fat Greek-style yogurt
- 1 lemon, ½ juiced, ½ cut into wedges to serve
- 5g fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Line a baking tray with nonstick baking paper and place the frozen salmon fillets on top. Spread the chipotle chili and smoked paprika paste on top of each, then bake for 20-22 mins until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large, lidded frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cauliflower, cover and cook for 5 mins. Stir, re-cover and cook for another 3-5 mins until lightly browned. Add the chickpeas and curry powder, increase the heat to high and cook, uncovered, for 5 mins, stirring frequently, until the onions have turned a deep golden color and the cauliflower has softened.
- Meanwhile, put the spinach in a colander and pour over boiling water to wilt. Drain well, squeezing out any excess moisture; season.
- Divide the chickpea mixture and spinach between plates and top with a salmon fillet. Mix the yogurt with ½ tbsp water, some black pepper and lemon juice to taste, then spoon over each salmon fillet. Scatter over a few coriander leaves and serve with the lemon wedges for squeezing over.