Use the soy-Dijon-honey sauce in this grilled salmon recipe on chicken, steak, or while a brief marinade for veggies.
1 c. brown rice
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 1/4 lb. salmon (whole pieces or fillets)
3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
freshly ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2 bunches Tuscan kale, chopped
lemon wedges, for serving
- In a small saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, combine rice, 1½ cups water, and a generous pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered,18 minutes. Remove from heat and steam with lid 5 minutes more. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, mustard, and lemon juice. Place salmon skin-side down in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and pour over half the sauce.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat. Grill salmon skin side-up, 4 minutes, then flip and brush with remaining sauce. Grill until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Cook garlic until fragrant and beginning to turn golden 2 minutes. Add kale and cook until beginning to wilt, 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve salmon with kale, brown rice, and lemon.