Whenever salmon tacos are on my mealtime menu, I normally ask my husband, Tim, to grill it. But now that’s it is mega bloodless outdoor, I gave him a spoil through the usage of my oven! By cranking the temp to 450, the salmon cooked perfectly in only 15 minutes. This recipe is gluten-free.
- 1¼ pounds salmon, skinned or with skin
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Zest of one lime, divided
- A generous sprinkling of ground cumin plus ⅛ teaspoon, divided
- A generous sprinkling of chili chipotle powder plus ⅛ teaspoon, divided
- Kosher salt and pepper
- One 7-ounce container low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- A few squeezes of lime juice
- 12 taco shells, cooked according to package directions
- Optional Toppers: Sauteed bell peppers, fresh cilantro, lime wedges, diced tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place the salmon, skin side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil and half the lime zest, and spread evenly over the salmon. Add the generous sprinkling of cumin and chili chipotle powder and a few pinches of kosher salt.
- Bake until just cooked through, about 15 minutes. Remove, cover, and set aside.
- While the salmon is baking, place the yogurt, the remaining lime zest, the remaining ⅛ teaspoon each of cumin and chili chipotle powder, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Serve the taco shells, salmon (cut into slices), yogurt sauce, and optional toppers and let each family member build their own tacos.
NotesI’m a big fan of recipes that give family members lots of healthy choices, so for this recipe, I laid out a bunch of toppers: cilantro, sauteed bell peppers, diced tomatoes, and my smoky Greek yogurt sauce. If I had a gorgeous, ripe avocado on hand, I would have diced that up too.Open Next Page To See More!