Tilapia with avocado is an extremely good simple recipe that highlights the flavors of the fish and avocado. It only takes approximately 25 minutes, begins to finish, and the handiest uses four elements (now not counting seasonings and salt and pepper).
This dish is terrific served with dilled coleslaw, and the leftovers of each may be used to make fish and slaw sandwiches. A simple inexperienced salad would additionally be a very good accompaniment, along with a pitcher of white wine.
- 4 (6-8 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Dash salt (or to taste)
- Dash pepper (or to taste)
- 1 avocado (peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/4 cup black olives (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley (chopped)
Steps to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a 9″ x 13″ baking dish with parchment paper. Place the fish fillets on the paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika, and mix well with a spoon. Brush this mixture over the fish, coating each fillet completely.
- Bake the fish for 20 to 25 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Insert a fork carefully into the fillet, and twist gently. The flesh should flake easily into pieces without much effort on your part.
- Meanwhile, combine the avocado, cherry tomatoes, olives, lemon juice, and parsley in a small bowl. Place the fish on a serving platter then spoon the avocado mixture over the fish, and serve immediately.