Shrimp Tacos with lightly charred tortillas, crispy salt, and pepper lined shrimp, crunchy slaw and highly spiced, creamy shrimp taco sauce!
Shrimp Taco Sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce or more
- water as needed to thin sauce
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or other high heat oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup finely chopped radishes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro optional
- 1 lime cut into wedges
Shrimp Taco Sauce
- Whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream and sriracha sauce in a small bowl. Add water, a few drops at a time, to reach your desired consistency. Set aside.
- Place a large piece of aluminum foil near the cooktop. Heat a dry, heavy skillet (ideally cast iron) over medium-high heat until hot. Add one corn tortilla; cook 30 seconds on each side until softened and lightly charred. Transfer to aluminum foil and fold around tortilla to keep warm. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- In a medium bowl, coat peeled and deveined shrimp in cornstarch.
- Heat oil in a large wok or skillet until nearly smoking. Shake any excess cornstarch from shrimp and carefully add a few at a time to wok, giving each shrimp some room to crisp up. Cook, turning often with a spatula until shrimp are pink, 2 to 3 minutes. Add salt, pepper, and fresh garlic; toss with a spatula just until spices are dispersed and garlic is fragrant about 1 minute. Remove from heat and transfer shrimp to a plate or platter.
- Assemble tacos: top one warm corn tortilla with 3 or 4 shrimp and sprinkle with chopped cabbage, radishes, and cilantro (if desired). Drizzle with the desired amount of shrimp taco sauce. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Serve with lime wedges.
Calories: 499kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 5g |Cholesterol: 299mg | Sodium: 1359mg | Potassium: 298mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A:240IU | Vitamin C: 20.4mg | Calcium: 239mg | Iron: 3.3mgKeywords: Cinco de Mayo, easy, pescatarian, quickOpen Next Page To See More!