Shrimp and Crab Stuffed Flounder fish has been a dinner party favorite of mine for many years. It’s elegant yet easy to prepare.”
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (4.5 ounce) cans small shrimp, drained
- 1 (4.5 ounces) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 pound cooked crabmeat
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 8 (6 ounce) fillets flounder
- 2 (10.75 ounces) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and saute onion, shrimp, and mushrooms until onion is tender. Stir in crabmeat, salt, pepper, and paprika; heat through.
- Spoon the shrimp and crab mixture onto each flounder filet. Roll the filet up and fasten with toothpicks. Place rolled filets in prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soup, chicken broth, and water until smooth. Pour over the filets. Sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and remove foil. Sprinkle the parsley over the top of the filets. Return the dish to the oven and bake uncovered for an additional 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.