Who doesn’t love a brief, easy, healthy and splendid delicious dinner?? These Sheet Pan Salmon and Avocado Fajitas have got to be any such simplest dinners you may make but you finish with any such tasty and pleasant meal!
- 1 1/2 lbs salmon, skin on
- 1 (1.12 oz) pkg. McCormick Fajitas Seasoning Mix, divided
- 1 each red, yellow and green bell pepper, cored and sliced into strips
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lime (about 1 1/2 Tbsp juice)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 medium avocados, sliced
- 12 corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- 3/4 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- Sour cream and Mexican hot sauce, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line an 18 by a 13-inch baking sheet with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Place salmon on one side of the baking sheet, skin side down (mine was a small side of salmon if using a wider salmon portion you could place in the upper 1/3 of the baking sheet).
- Place peppers and onions next to salmon. Brush salmon with 1 Tbsp of the olive oil. Drizzle and toss peppers with the remaining 1 Tbsp oil. Sprinkle half of the seasoning mix evenly over salmon (2 Tbsp) then sprinkle remaining half (2 Tbsp) over veggies and toss.
- Roast in the preheated oven until salmon has cooked through and flakes easily with a fork and veggies are tender, tossing veggies once halfway through cooking, about 20 minutes total.
- Spritz salmon and peppers with juice from the lime, season with salt as desired and sprinkle with cilantro. Flake salmon with a fork.
- To assemble, layer avocado slices over warmed tortillas. Top with flaked salmon, peppers and onions. Sprinkle with cotija cheese and serve with sour cream and hot sauce if desired.