A sophisticated meal for a couple, this quick and easy salmon fillet with sharp and creamy potato salad is the one you need to out of this working weekend recession
- salmon fillets 2
- lemon 1/2, zested
- demerara sugar 4 tbsp
- dill a small bunch, chopped
PICKLE POTATO SALAD
- new potatoes 300g
- pickled onions drained and finely diced to make 2 tbsp
- gherkins drained and finely diced to make 3 tbsp
- mayonnaise 2 tbsp
- Step 1 Put the salmon skin-side down in a small baking dish. Mix the salt, lemon zest, sugar and 2 tbsp of the dill and pat all over the salmon flesh. Leave for 30 minutes.
- Step 2 Meanwhile cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until tender then drain. Leave to cool to room temperature then mix with the rest of the ingredients and another tbsp chopped dill and season.
- Step 3 Heat the oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Rinse the salmon and pat dry. Put on a small roasting tray and bake for 10-15 minutes until just cooked.
- Step 4 Serve the salmon with the potato salad and a little extra dill if you like.