This recipe for salmon yakitori with stir-fried brown rice does not contain many calories, low-sugar and ready in does not exceed half an hour- perfect for a speedy midweek meal
- skinless salmon 1 piece of the fillet (about 100g), cut into cubes
- spring onions 4, 2 cut into 4cm sections and 2 sliced
- rice wine vinegar 1 tsp
- soy sauce 1 tbsp, plus more to serve
- mirin 1 tsp
- sesame oil
- ginger peeled and grated to make 2 tsp
- red chili 1 small, diced
- garlic 1 clove, crushed
- edamame or peas a handful
- Pak Choy 1 small, shredded
- cooked brown rice ½ pouch
- Step 1 Thread the salmon pieces and spring onion sections onto skewers. Mix the vinegar, soy, mirin and brush half over the salmon. Leave to marinate.
- Step 2 Heat 1 tsp sesame oil in a frying pan or wok and fry the ginger, chili, and garlic for a minute until fragrant. Add the edamame, sliced spring onions and Pak Choy. Fry for a minute then adds the rice and stir-fry until heated through. Season with soy sauce.
- Step 3 Meanwhile, heat the grill to high and grill the skewers for 2 minutes on each side, brushing with the remaining marinade halfway through. Grill until the salmon is glazed and cooked through. Serve with the fried brown rice.