This salmon Wellington recipe takes your basic salmon to a whole new level. The savory baked puff pastry is filled with a tacky sauteed spinach and pro salmon fillets.
- 4 7 oz salmon fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 5 oz fresh baby spinach
- 2 tbsp plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 1 lb. package puff pastry
- 1 egg for egg wash
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a pan, heat butter, chopped shallots, and garlic over medium heat. Sauté until the shallots become translucent.
- Bring the heat to high and add white wine. Let the liquid cook out for about 5 minutes, then add the cream cheese and sauté for 1 minute.
- Lastly, add the spinach, bread crumbs, and Parmesan cheese. Sauté just until the spinach softens.
- Unfold the puff pastry onto a lightly floured surface and roll out the 2 sheets, then cut them in half. So you end up with 4 pieces. I made each piece about 10X 14 inches.
- Place each seasoned salmon fillet in the middle of each puff pastry sheet. Depending on the size of the fillet, you may need to roll out the puff pastry a little more or less. Leave about 2 inches around the edges.
- Divide the spinach mixture into 4 equal parts and evenly spread it on top of the 4 fillets. Then brush the edges of the puff pastry with egg wash (1 egg + 1 tsp water).
- Begin folding the puff pastry over starting with the longer side. When folding over the short edges, brush more of the egg wash before folding.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the salmon wellington seam side down.
- Make crosshatch slits on top of the Wellington with a knife. Then brush with more egg wash.
- Bake at 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
Serving: 1fillet | Calories: 1117kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 54g | Fat: 71g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 192mg | Sodium: 670mg | Potassium: 1325mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 3975IU | Vitamin C: 10.9mg | Calcium: 183mg | Iron: 6.1mgOpen Next Page To See More!