A recipe for salmon tacos, pro and perfectly seared, served over heat corn tortillas with guacamole, pomegranate seeds, and roasted jalapeno peppers.
- 8 ounces salmon – a thin salmon fillet is perfect
- 1 teaspoon ancho powder
- 1 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 corn tortillas warmed
- Roasted jalapeno peppers sliced, for serving
FOR THE POMEGRANATE GUACAMOLE
- 2 avocados peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped + more as needed
- Juice from half a lime
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- Make your guacamole first. To a large bowl, add avocados and lime juice. Mash with a fork.
- Add cilantro and salt. Mix well.
- Taste and adjust for lime juice and salt.
- Top with pomegranate seeds and set aside until ready to use.
- Next, heat a pan to medium heat and add a bit of olive oil.
- Rub-down the salmon on each side with ancho powder, paprika, and cumin. Sear each side of the salmon about 3 minutes per side, or until salmon is cooked through.
- Roughly chop the salmon and divide it between the 6 warmed corn tortillas.
- Top with pomegranate guacamole and slices of roasted jalapeno peppers.