Salmon Patties are scrumptious and flavorful, made with cooked salmon, panko bread crumbs, and spiked with fresh green onions, lemon, and paprika. The patties are gentle on the inside, and flawlessly crispy on the outdoor. They may be used as an appetizer or as a main dish.
- 1 lb salmon (cooked and flaked)
- 1/2 cup green onions (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated)
- 1 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs (plain)
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herbs seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper (or to taste)
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon hot sauce (optional)
- zest of one lemon
- Canola or vegetable oil (to cook the patties)
- Place salmon skin-side down in a lightly greased baking sheet, and season with some salt and pepper. Brush with olive oil, and bake it for 10 minutes (uncovered) in the oven at 425˚F.
- Once baked, discard the skin, and flake the salmon with a fork. If it has any bones, remove them.
- Next, add to the salmon the rest of the ingredients, and mix them together using your hands.
- Use an ice cream scoop for portioning so each salmon patty is about the same size, and make it into patties.
- In a skillet, add some canola or vegetable oil, about 1 inch from the surface. Once the oil is sizzling, add the patties to the pan. Cook on each side for about 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown, turning gently.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.