As a good deal as we adore baked salmon, now and again we need to shake matters up. Enter: Salmon Meatballs. With AVOCADO CREMA. The idea of processing the filets might seem a bit weird before everything, but we are able to guarantee you it’s virtually quite delish in the end.
1 lb. salmon filet, skinned, cut into cubes
1/4 c. Panko breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp. chili powder
2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
2 cloves garlic, minced
Freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE AVOCADO CREMA
Juice of 2 limes
1/4 c. sour cream (or yogurt)
1/4 c. basil
2 tbsp. parsley
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray.
- Make salmon meatballs: In the bowl of a food processor, add salmon. Process until finely chopped, then transfer to a large bowl. Add Panko, chili powder, parsley, garlic, and egg and season generously with salt and pepper. Stir to combine, then form into tablespoon-sized meatballs. Place onto baking sheet.
- Bake until meatballs are slightly golden and cooked through, 15-17 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make avocado crema: In a food processor, add avocado, lime juice, yogurt, basil, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, then process until smooth. If the sauce is too thick, thin it out with water.
- Serve meatballs drizzled with avocado crema and garnish with more parsley.