Salmon cakes and cucumber-dill salad, it’s a composition of lemony yogurt as
1 lb. salmon (skin removed), diced
1 shallot, minced
2 tbsp. capers
1 Garlic clove, minced
Juice and zest of 1 lemon, divided
6 tbsp. fresh dill, divided
1 egg white
1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
1/2 c. Greek yogurt
freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- In a food processor, combine salmon, shallot, capers, garlic, 3 teaspoons lemon zest, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 3 tablespoons dill and pulse several times to combine. Add egg white and panko crumbs and pulse until combined. Transfer to a bowl and divide the salmon mixture into 8 patties.
- Make the dip: In a small bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt with remaining lemon zest and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Chill until ready to use.
- Make cucumber salad: In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar and olive oil. Add cucumber, onion, and remaining dill and toss gently to combine.
- Season salmon patties with salt and pepper. Heat a lightly oiled nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, then cook salmon patties until golden and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Serve salmon cakes with cucumber salad, yogurt dip, and lemon wedges.