Bump up the coolest-for-you aspect with those vegetable-packed salmon fishcakes, served with a sparkling salad
- 500g potatoes, cut into chunks
- 85g broccoli, cut into small florets
- pack of 2 poached salmon fillets
- juice 1 lemon, plus wedges to serve
- small bunch dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 avocado, peeled, stoned and roughly chopped
- 100g cherry tomatoes halved
- 100g bag watercress
- Cover the potatoes in salted water, bring to the boil and simmer for 8-10 mins, until just tender, adding the broccoli 3 mins before the end of cooking time. Drain, allow it all to steam dry, then roughly mash. Flake in the salmon, add half the lemon juice and dill with some seasoning, then shape into 4 cakes.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the cakes for 3 mins each side until golden. Meanwhile, mix remaining lemon juice with the mustard and seasoning, then set aside. Mix the avocado, tomatoes and watercress and divide between plates. Serve one fish cake each with the salad, drizzled with dressing, and extra lemon wedges for squeezing over.