I’m not a big fish lover, so any concoction that has me loving fish is a “keeper” in my books. This mixture of flavors simply works for me. It’s extraordinarily served with a pleasant buttery herb rice pilaf and corn desserts with butter and honey! —Kelly Williams, Forked River, New Jersey
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups honey mustard miniature pretzels, coarsely crushed
- Oil for frying
- Lemon slices, optional
- Sprinkle catfish with salt and pepper. Whisk the eggs, mustard, and milk in a shallow bowl. Place flour and pretzels in separate shallow bowls. Coat fillets with flour, then dip in the egg mixture and coat with pretzels.
- Heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375° in an electric skillet. Fry fillets, a few at a time, until fish flakes easily with a fork, 3-4 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Serve with lemon slices if desired.
reader says spicy brown or honey mustard also works well in place of Dijon
1 fillet: 610 calories, 31g fat (4g saturated fat), 164mg cholesterol, 1579mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein.Open Next Page To See More!