Potato Chip Crusted Baked Sea Bass Recipe – An incredible three-element marvel made with salt and vinegar potato chips for “fish and chips” flavor this is lighter the conventional fish and chips.
- 4 pieces sea bass (4-5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 cups salt and vinegar potato chips (3/4 cup crushed chips)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set the sea bass on the parchment and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Brush just the tops of the sea bass fillets with a thin layer of mayonnaise. Sprinkle the tops with salt and pepper.
- Then place the potato chips in a food processor and pulse until the chips are broken into fine crumbs. (You can also crush the potato chips by placing them in a large zip bag and crushing with a rolling pin.)
- Pour the crumbs on a plate. Press the top of each piece of sea bass into the crushed potato chips, then set them back on the parchment with the potato chip crust up.
- Bake the sea bass for 10-15 minutes—10 minutes for thinner pieces and 15 minutes for pieces closer to 2 inches thick. Be very careful not to over to overcook. Sea bass is better enjoyed slightly undercooked than overcooked. Serve warm.
NOTE: If using a white fish other than sea bass, follow the same instructions and make sure not to overcook. Bake for 5-10 minutes for thin fish fillets, like mahi-mahi, snapper, or grouper. Bake 10-12 minutes for thicker cuts of fish like cod, and halibut. The fish should be flaking around the edges, yet still slightly soft in the middle.Open Next Page To See More!