A weeknight preferred this quick and easy pecan-crusted tilapia serves up moist fish with a crunchy crust.
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia or snapper fillets
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 4 lemon wedges
How to Make It
Combine the first 5 ingredients in a shallow dish. Combine buttermilk and hot sauce in a medium bowl; place flour in a shallow dish. Dredge 1 fillet in flour. Dip in buttermilk mixture; dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining fillets, flour, buttermilk mixture, and breadcrumb mixture.
Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 fillets; cook 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and fillets. Serve with lemon wedges.Open Next Page To See More!