Would you wish to impress your mate with a tasty alimentary paste number? This creamy alimentary paste with salmon is sort of exceptional nevertheless needs the lowest ingredients and takes twenty minutes to throw along.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 400ml/1 1/2 cups creme fraiche see recipe notes for substitution
- 125ml/1/2 cup pasta water
- 200g/7oz cold smoked salmon
- 1 lemon zest only
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 lb pasta
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp chives
- Set a large pot of water over medium heat and bring to a boil, add salt once boiled. Add pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan, then add minced garlic and cook briefly over low heat for 10-20 seconds, then add creme fraiche, lemon zest, and capers, heat through. Make sure the heat if set to low to keep the sauce smooth, otherwise, creme fraiche might separate. Add the pasta water from the boiling pot and stir to combine.
- Add the smoked salmon cut into strips and cook for a couple of minutes until the salmon turns from bright orange to opaque.
- Drain the pasta, while reserving 1/2 cup of water. Add the pasta directly to the pan with the sauce and toss gently to combine. Add a splash of water if the sauce is too dry until desired consistency. Taste the pasta and add salt only if necessary. It will depend on the saltiness of your smoked salmon.
- Served sprinkled with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and chopped chives.
You can substitute the creme fraiche with the same amount of heavy cream and 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.Open Next Page To See More!