To put together this easy tilapia recipe, definitely sear the fish in a skillet, then top with a citrusy white wine-shallot sauce. Sherry vinegar is mildly acidic. If you can’t find it, substitute white wine vinegar.
- Cooking spray
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
How to Make It
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle fish evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add 2 fillets to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining fillets.
Add white wine to pan; cook 30 seconds or until liquid almost evaporates. Combine shallots and remaining ingredients, stirring well with a whisk; stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add shallot mixture to pan; sauté 1 minute or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Place 1 fillet on each of 4 plates; top each serving with about 3 tablespoons sauce.Open Next Page To See More!