Oven-Fried Tilapia with Cheesy Polenta is an easy dinner aggregate and scrumptious manner to contain fish into your weekly menu rotation.
- 2 2/3 cups unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2/3 cup dry polenta
- 1 ounce fresh Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2.25 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- Cooking spray
- 4 lemon wedges
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Combine stock and mustard in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Gradually add polenta, stirring constantly with a whisk. Reduce heat to low, and cook 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in Parmesan cheese, oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Place panko and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a large skillet; cook over medium heat 3 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently. Place the panko mixture in a shallow dish. Combine 2 tablespoons water and egg in a shallow dish. Place flour in a shallow dish. Sprinkle fish with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Dredge fish in flour; dip in the egg mixture. Place fish in panko mixture, turning to coat.
Arrange fish on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until done. Serve with lemon wedges and polenta.Open Next Page To See More!