If you’re using stay lobsters that you’ll cook for yourself, the yield is about 25%. So for four kilos of live lobsters, you may turn out to be with one pound of cooked meat (deliver or take some oz relying on the dimensions of the lobsters. The smaller the lobster, the lower the yield). Prep time under does no longer consists of cooking time for lobster. Cooking instances for stay lobsters can be located right here.
- 1 pound cooked lobster meat cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery (use tender inner stalks)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons green tops from a scallion, minced fine
- 1 dash hot sauce (we like Cholula)
- Pinch is salt
- Few grinds freshly ground black pepper
- Split-top hot dog rolls
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Optional – lettuce for serving.
- Place the cooked lobster meat in a large bowl.
- In a separate, smaller bowl combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, celery, parsley, scallion, hot sauce, and salt and pepper. Mix and taste for seasoning. Once you have the seasoning to your liking, add to the cooked lobster meat and mix.
- Brush both sides of rolls with butter and toast both sides in a medium frypan over medium heat until nicely browned.
- Divide the lobster salad between each roll per your preference. Some serve lettuce under the lobster salad but we like it without, your choice.