These lemon and herb baked tilapia filets are delicious and nutritious, and they may be easy on the budget.
Tilapia is a slight white fish. The common tilapia fillet weighs approximately 4 oz., and it has only around 109 energy and 22 grams of protein. It’s a tremendous desire for the load-conscious, and it is low in mercury.
Tilapia fillets are skinny and prepare dinner fast. The straightforward instruction steps and brief baking time make this tilapia recipe ideal for a busy night. The recipe takes no extra than a half-hour, begins to finish!
The butter, lemon, and herbs flavor the fish fantastically, and it makes a gorgeous meal with warm cooked rice or a baked potato. Brussels sprouts or broccoli are terrific with fish, but any steamed vegetable or salad would make an excellent side dish. You’ll find a few cooking pointers and substitution ideas under the recipe.
- 4 green onions
- 1 small lemon
- 4 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds tilapia fillets (4 tilapia fillets)
Steps to Make It
- Gather the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F/200 C/Gas 6. Butter a shallow 2-quart to a 3-quart baking dish or a rimmed baking sheet.
- Slice the green onions, keeping the white and light greens separate from the dark green tops.
- Zest the lemon and squeeze 1 tablespoon of juice into a small bowl. Add the lemon zest to the juice with the softened butter, chopped parsley, salt, pepper, and white and light green parts of the green onions.
- Place the tilapia fillets in the prepared baking dish, folding thinner ends under as necessary to keep them uniform in thickness. Spread the butter mixture over the fish fillets.
- Bake the tilapia fillets for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Garnish with the sliced green onion tops.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Fish should be cooked to a minimum temperature of 145 F (63 C), or until the flesh is opaque and it flakes easily with a fork.
- If you have to divide a large fish fillet, cut it lengthwise down the center.
- Small individual baking dishes are convenient because they go from the oven to the table and they make a nice presentation.
- Omit the green onions and add another herb to the lemon butter mixture. Fresh chopped dill or fresh thyme are both good with fish.
- Replace the parsley with fresh chervil, or use about 1/2 teaspoon of dried chervil.
- Use a blend of herbs: 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh dill, 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh parsley, and 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh chervil.
- Add 1 teaspoon of finely minced fresh garlic to the butter mixture, or about 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.