Jerk salmon seasoning pairs perfectly with the wonder of the mango salsa in these Caribbean-Mexican fusion-style tacos!
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 skinless Coles Australian Salmon Fillets
- 12 small tortillas, warmed
- 8 butter lettuce leaves or green oak lettuce leaves, shredded
- 1 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into long matchsticks
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 mango, stoned, peeled, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 long red chili, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 1 lime, juiced
- Step 1Combine the coriander, allspice, thyme, paprika, cumin, sugar and oil in a large bowl. Season. Add the salmon and turn to coat.
- Step 2Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Cook salmon for 2-3 mins each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest.
- Step 3Meanwhile, cook the tortillas on the grill, turning, for 1 min or until lightly charred and heated through. Divide among serving plates.
- Step 4To make the mango salsa, combine mango, onion, chili (if using), coriander and lime juice in a bowl. Season.
- Step 5Coarsely flake the salmon. Divide lettuce, cabbage, carrot, avocado and salmon among tortillas. Top with salsa.