This recipe for Indian salmon with chickpea stew is an exquisite easy supper for when there may be just of you. Most of the components you’ll have already got in your cupboard
- salmon 2 skinless fillets
- lemon 1, 1/2 cut into wedges
- madras curry powder 3 tsp
- onion 1, halved and sliced
- oil for frying
- red chili 1, sliced
- ginger a small chunk, finely chopped
- chickpeas 400g tin, drained
- vegetable stock 200ml
- spinach 200g, chopped
- STEP 1Put the salmon in a small ovenproof shallow dish. Mix the lemon juice and 1 tbsp of the curry powder and rub all over the salmon. Leave to marinate while you make the stew.
- STEP 2Cook the onion in a tbsp of oil until golden. Add the chili and ginger and cook for a minute. Add the rest of the curry powder and cook, stirring, until you can smell the spices. Add the chickpeas and stock, simmer for 5 minutes then stir in the spinach.
- STEP 3Grill the salmon on high for 5-7 minutes until golden and just cooked through. Serve with the chickpea stew.