Indian Chicken Curry (Murgh Kari) could be a terribly creamy and satisfying dish serve with rice or naan bread and you may have yourself
- 4 tbsp Cooking oil
- 3 Boneless chicken breasts
- 1 large Onion
- 1 tbsp Garlic
- 1 tbsp Ginger
- 1 large can Whole canned tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 cup Plain yogurt, Full fat
- 2 tbsp Cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp Garam masala
- 2 tbsp Curry powder
- 1 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Dried fenugreek leaves
- In a large pot or into a slow cooker pot add the cooking oil/ghee and turn on the heat. Next, add in large diced onion and saute for 2 minutes before adding in the diced chicken. Saute another 7 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink and the onion is tender.
- Next, toss in the curry and remaining spices and saute another 2 minutes before adding in the minced garlic and ginger. Saute for 1 minute till fragrant.
- Add in the canned whole tomatoes and juices along with the tomato paste.
- Next add in the yogurt, cream and stir everything to combine.
- -Simmer on a low-medium heat for another 15 minutes on the stovetop
- -Cook in the pressure cooker around 10 minutes or depending on your pressure cookers instructions
- -Cook in the slow cooker from 8-10 hours.
- Once cooked top with parsley, cilantro or dried fenugreek leaves whichever you prefer. Serve alongside some rice and enjoy!