These hot-smoked salmon desserts are brief and clean to make, perfect for a midweek meal. You could make double and freeze a few for later
- potatoes 3 medium (about 550g)
- lemon ½, zested and juiced
- spring onions 2, finely chopped
- dill chopped to make 1 tbsp
- skinless hot-smoked salmon fillets 2, flaked
- plain flour 2 tbsp
- olive oil
- rocket leaves 50g
- capers 2 tsp, rinsed
- shallot 1, finely chopped
- STEP 1 Microwave the potatoes for 8-10 minutes, until tender, then halve and scoop the flesh out into a bowl. Discard the skins. Mash with some seasoning. Add the lemon zest, spring onions, dill, and the hot-smoked salmon.
- STEP 2 Season well and shape into 4 fishcakes. Dust them in the flour, and fry in a non-stick pan in a drizzle of olive oil for 5 minutes on each side until golden and hot throughout.
- STEP 3Put the rocket, capers, and shallot in a bowl. Add the lemon juice, a good drizzle of oil and season. Toss and serve with the hot salmon cakes.