A honey-lime glaze is all you want to feature huge taste to this oven-roasted salmon. Use it because of the base for those quick, pleasing weeknight tacos. We
Honey Lime Glaze:
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 5 Tbsp Honey
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 lb Salmon Filet
- 8 Tortillas, taco-sized corn or flour
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 2 cups shredded Romaine Lettuce (see note)
- Hot sauce/salsa (optional; we used green hot sauce))
- Sour cream (optional)
- Cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Whisk together ingredients for the glaze.
- Season salmon on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat an oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add cooking oil and then salmon (skin-side up if the salmon includes skin). Sear until salmon is golden brown and releases easily from the pan. Turn salmon over so that it is skin-side down. Pour glaze over top (don’t worry if most of it ends up in the bottom of the pan).
- Transfer skillet to oven and cook until the thickest part of the salmon flakes easily with a fork, ~15 minutes.
- While salmon cooks, prep toppings for the tacos.
- Just before serving, heat tortillas in the microwave until warm (you can also wrap them in foil and put them in the warm oven for ~8 minutes).
- Remove salmon from oven and spoon any glaze in the bottom of the pan back over the fish (it will have reduced as it cooked and should be fairly thick). Taste and season the salmon with a bit more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Set everything out and let everyone assemble tacos by filling tortillas with salmon and other toppings.
These tacos are great with crisp, finely shredded romaine lettuce. You can also make a simple slaw with 3 cups shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix tossed with a mixture of 1 Tbsp Oil + 2 tsp Lime Juice + salt and pepper.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 402kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 255mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 22gOpen Next Page To See More!