Honey Lime Salmon Tacos – the marginally sweet honey-lime glaze makes these salmon tacos greater delicious. They take less than a half-hour to make and are wonderful for Taco Tuesday or any day!
- 1 pound salmon
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 large avocado diced
- 1/3 cup crumbled queso fresco
- Extra cilantro for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Fold the sides up so the marinade doesn’t run out of the foil onto the pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, honey, lime zest, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place the salmon on the foil-lined pan and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the honey-lime glaze over the salmon. It is ok if it spreads. Sprinkle salmon evenly with chopped cilantro. Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove salmon from foil, separating the salmon from the skin. Discard the skin. Break up the salmon into pieces and place them on corn tortillas. Top each taco with shredded cabbage, avocado, queso fresco, and cilantro. Serve warm.
- Note-We like to char the corn tortillas over our gas range or grill. You can also heat them up in the oven or microwave.