Crispy and flaky catfish which can be gently breaded and seasoned. A catfish recipe that has the identical flavor as traditional southern fried catfish most effective made with lighter elements.
- 3 catfish fillets, dried between paper towels
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup cassava flour, or flour of choice
- 1 tbsp. Old Bay Blackened Fish Seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil for frying
- dried parsley for garnish
How to Make It
- Place extra virgin olive oil in a large pan and bring to a medium-low heat.
- While the oil is heating, place the milk in a bowl. On a large plate, place the cornmeal, flour, seasoning, salt & pepper. Stir to mix the ingredients together.
- Dip each catfish fillet into the milk then immediately into the flour mixture coating it liberally. Place each filet into the heated pan.
- Cook 5 minutes on each side until golden brown then transfer fish to a plate lined with paper towel to soak up the oil.
- Serve immediately.