We aren’t huge tilapia fish eaters, but a pal made this for us, and we couldn’t believe how first-rate it was! Now we consume it frequently. I love making it for guests as it’s easy, appears lovable and tastes eating place-worthy.
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil, divided
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon zest, lemon juice, oil, and garlic until blended; stir in capers and 2 tablespoons basil. Reserve 2 tablespoons mixture for drizzling cooked fish. Brush remaining mixture onto both sides of tilapia; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill tilapia on a lightly oiled rack, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 3-4 minutes on each side. Drizzle with reserved lemon mixture; sprinkle with remaining basil.
Health Tip: Look for U.S. or Canadian tilapia that’s been farmed in closed tanks for the least impact on the environment.
1 fillet: 206 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 398mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.Open Next Page To See More!