Here you have one of the ultimate summer season meals! Flaky tender salmon is topped with a vivid and creamy mango avocado salsa and served along with bed or rich coconut rice. Sure to impress everybody fortunate enough to attempt it!
- 4 (6 oz) skinless salmon fillets
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Zico Coconut Water
- 1 1/4 cups canned coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice, rinsed well and drained well
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper (1/2 large)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion, rinsed under water and drained
- 1 large avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Zico Coconut Water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the salmon:
- In an 11×7-inch baking dish whisk together olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, garlic and season with salt and pepper to taste (a fair amount of each).
- Place salmon in the baking dish, cover and allow to marinate in refrigerator 15 – 30 minutes, then flip salmon to the opposite side and allow to marinate 15 – 30 minutes longer. Preheat a grill over medium-high heat during the last 10 minutes of marinating.
- Brush grill grates with oil. Place salmon on grill and grill about 3 minutes per side or until just cooked through (turn carefully as the salmon will be fragile).
For the coconut rice:
- While salmon is marinating prepare coconut rice. In a medium saucepan bring coconut water, coconut milk, rice and salt to a full boil.
- Cover and simmer until liquid has been absorbed (there maybe just a little bit of excess liquid in the center which you can drain off), about 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork, then let rest 5 minutes.
For the mango avocado salsa:
- While the salmon is grilling prepare salsa. In a medium bowl toss together mango, bell pepper, cilantro, red onion, avocado, lime juice, olive oil, and coconut water. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve salmon warm with coconut rice top with avocado mango salsa.
- For creamier coconut rice, use full-fat coconut milk.