Tender grilled salmon fillets are crowned with a sparkling, flavorful veggie-packed salsa and served with a facet of orzo. It’s one of these scrumptious, healthful dishes this is sure to impress everyone!
- 1 cup dry orzo
- 4 (6 oz) skinless salmon fillets
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided, plus more for brushing the grill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small Roma tomatoes, diced (1 cup)
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and chopped (1 cup)
- 1/3 cup chopped red onions
- 1/3 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (2 tsp)
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup (2.5 oz) crumbled feta
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp finely minced fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp finely minced fresh oregano
- Prepare orzo according to directions on package, drain (I recommend tossing with just a little olive oil).
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat to about 400 degrees. Meanwhile, chop ingredients for salsa.
- Brush both sides of the salmon fillets with 1 Tbsp of the olive oil and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Brush clean grill grates lightly with olive oil then place salmon on grill (close lid) grill until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- In a medium mixing bowl toss together tomatoes, cucumber, red onions, kalamata olives, garlic, avocado, feta, lemon juice, 2 Tbsp olive oil, parsley, and oregano. Season with salt to taste.
- Divide drained orzo among 4 plates then add a salmon fillet to each plate. Top each serving with plenty of the salsa, both over the salmon and the orzo. Serve immediately.