Grilled Salmon Tacos with Strawberry Avocado Salsa might be a hit this grilling season! Mexican spiced grilled salmon crowned with the maximum flavorful sweet, savory and highly spiced salsa. Tacos you could feel right about consuming!
- 1 pound wild-caught salmon fillets
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed or grilled
STRAWBERRY AVOCADO SALSA
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded and finely diced
- 1/2 of a lime, juiced
- Kosher salt to taste
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. In a small bowl combine the chili powder, cumin, coriander, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Pat the salmon dry with paper towels then sprinkle the seasoning mix over the salmon fillets, rubbing it in gently to ensure it doesn’t all fall off.
- Oil the grill grates and place the salmon on the grill (flesh side down if using skin-on). Cook for approximately 6-10 minutes depending on the thickness and how well done you as it cooked. Let the salmon rest for several minutes before removing the skin and flaking it apart with a fork.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the strawberry avocado salsa. Stir together gently and taste for seasoning.
- Warm or grill the corn tortillas and fill them with the grilled flaked salmon and topped with the salsa.
- This recipe will feed 4 generously or 6 if you don’t fill your tacos as full.