“Salmon and blueberries deliciously integrate into this summer dish.”
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 4 (6 ounces) salmon steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pour 1/2 cup chicken stock, vinegar, orange juice, and honey into a saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium. Dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 cup of chicken stock, and stir into the simmering sauce. Cook and stir until the sauce thicken and turns clear 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the blueberries and chives, and keep warm over low heat.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush salmon with oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Grill until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve with blueberry sauce.
Per Serving: 383 calories; 23.2 g fat; 12.8 g carbohydrates; 29.6 g protein; 83 mg cholesterol; 265 mg sodium. Full nutritionOpen Next Page To See More!