This Grilled Rockfish with Wild Cherry Barbecue Sauce, the easy-to-prepare recipe will inspire you to dust off the patio furniture and fire up the grill! really delicious and carries a nice flavor
For the barbecue sauce:
- 2 tbs. grapeseed oil
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups tomato purée
- 1 1/2 cups pitted cherries (fresh)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbs. ground Tellicherry pepper
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
For the fish:
- 2 6-oz. portions of rockfish
- 1 tbs. grapeseed oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- Sauté onions in grapeseed oil until soft.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add tomato purée and cook for 2 minutes on medium low.
- Add remaining ingredients, cook on low for 30 minutes.
- Occasionally stir sauce to keep from sticking.
- Let sauce cool, can be refrigerated up to two weeks in mason jar.
- Cut fish into three 2-oz. portions.
- Season fish and grill on each side for three minutes.
- Baste with barbecue sauce and finish in 350°F oven for 8 minutes.