Grilled rock-fish is the perfect manner to prepare lots of fish and make the maximum of your trap. The recipe is straightforward and includes simply Chesapeake Bay seasoning, lower back pepper, lemon, and salt.
- 4-6 lbs Rockfish Fillets (make sure bloodline is removed)
- 3-4 tbs Old Bay
- 1 – Lemon (Cut into wedges to be served)
- 1-2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 bundle Spring Onions (Dice to add to top off when serving)
- 2 tbs Kosher salt
- Take a stick of butter and grease up a doubled-up sheet of aluminum foil big enough for your fillets can lay flat and are separated. Layout your filets on the foil and make sure you have room to fold up the edges so the filets bake/gill in the butter.
- Add small butter slices on top of each fillet along with old seafood seasoning, kosher salt, and black pepper to your liking. Don’t overdo it. Additional seasoning can be added when served.
- Cover the fillets with an additional sheet(s) of aluminum foil and cook on the grill for 10-15 minutes. Less is if the gill is really hot. I like to seal/fold the foil sheets together tight enough that I can turn all the fish over to brown both sides.
- Serve with Lemon wedges and diced spring onions