Get ready for your new must-have tacos garnish: the chipotle cream. All the time, especially at dinner with salads
1 lb. cod
1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. honey
Juice of 1 lime, divided
4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1/2 c. Greek yogurt (2%)
2 tsp. adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle peppers)
1 tsp. lime zest
Freshly ground black pepper
2 c. finely sliced red cabbage
1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
8 6″ corn tortillas, warmed
1 avocado, thinly sliced
1/4 c. Cilantro leaves lime wedges, for serving
- Place cod in a shallow glass baking dish. In a small bowl, whisk together Old Bay, cumin, chili powder, honey, 3 tablespoons lime juice, and 3 tablespoons olive oil. Pour mixture over cod, turning to coat, and let marinate 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, adobo sauce, lime zest, and remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice, then season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a lightly oiled grill pan over medium-high heat and season cod with salt and pepper. Grill cod for 4 minutes per side, or until flaky and cooked through. Flake fish and transfer to a bowl.
- In a medium bowl, toss cabbage, vinegar, and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and season with salt.
- Serve cod in corn tortillas, layered with avocado, marinated red cabbage, and a drizzle of adobo crema. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime.