What makes our recipe for baked white fish so scrumptious are the smoky spices which might be brought to the Parmesan crust mixture. Paprika is our favorites spice but you may use a combination of chili powder, chipotle or smoked paprika in case you need it.
- 4 tilapia fillets, or other white fish (about 4-6 ounces for each filet)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, or to taste
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- fresh chopped parsley
- lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Set aside.
- In a plate or shallow bowl, combine parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
- Drizzle olive oil over fish. Season with salt and pepper. Press fish into the cheese mixture and coat both sides of the filet.
- Lay coated fish on the baking sheet. Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until the fish can be flaked with a fork.
- Top with chopped parsley, serve with lemon wedges.