Piccata with salmon with garlic and lemon, really leaves you crazy for the ultimate summer fishing.
1 c. all-purpose flour
Freshly ground black pepper
4 6-oz. salmon fillets
3 tbsp. butter, divided
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 c. dry white wine
1/4 c. capers, drained
1 lemon, thinly sliced
4 c. baby spinach chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a shallow baking dish, add flour. Season with salt and pepper and add salmon, then toss until coated.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter and olive oil. Add salmon and cook until golden, 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to skillet. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute, then add lemon juice and white wine and bring to a simmer. Stir in capers, lemon slices, and spinach and let cook down until wilted, 2 minutes.
- Return salmon to skillet and combine.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.