Fish Tacos with Avocado Sweet Corn Slaw are clean and full of flavor. Feel such as you are in Days of Rest!
- 8 gluten-free corn tortillas
- 1-1/2lb mahi-mahi or halibut
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons grapeseed or other neutral-tasting oil
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- For the White Sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons milk, any kind
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- For the Avocado and Sweet Corn Slaw:
- 4 cups shaved purple cabbage
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded then chopped
- 1-1/2 cups sweet corn kernels (2 ears)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1/2 – 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- pinch of sugar
- Place fish into a large Ziplock bag then add lemon juice, oil, garlic salt, chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, and pepper then gently squish to coat fish and place it into the refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine ingredients for the White Sauce in a small bowl then place it into the refrigerator. Add ingredients for Avocado and Sweet Corn Slaw into a large bowl, starting with the juice from 1/2 lemon, then toss to combine and taste. Add remaining 1/2 lemon if needed for flavor then set slaw aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium/medium-high heat (6/10 on the heat scale) then spray the bottom generously with extra virgin olive oil or nonstick spray. Add half the mahi-mahi then saute for 3-4 minutes a side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate then sautes the remaining Mahi Mahi.
- Flake fish then place in the center of corn tortillas, top with Avocado Sweet Corn Slaw, and then drizzle with White Sauce and serve.
- You will need 3 lemons total for this dish.
- Scoop slaw onto plates then top with fish and sauce, omitting corn tortillas, for a low-carb option.